Creative Writing / Essay specialist
English / History / AP Euro
/ Creative Writing
Teacher's Comment |
After Graduating from U.C. Santa Cruz with Honors, he entered the MFA Program at U.C. Berkeley. There he was awarded a Regent’s Scholarship and a Teaching Assistantship. He taught art at Humboldt State University and Southern Illinois University until 1986.For the past 35 years, he has taught private Fine Art lessons in his professional art studio. I also mentor High School Students in producing Fine Art portfolios for University and College Fine Art Admissions.
He reads undergraduate college admissions essays for U.C. Berkeley.
He has been mentoring High School Students in ACT/SAT test preparation for the past few years. He loves being part of a process that gives students more choices for their university academic careers. One of the most gratifying parts of the test preparation process is the College Application Essay.
I really enjoy writing, and currently review exhibitions for the SFMOMA and the FAMSF museums and local venues. These reviews are initially published in the Danville/San Ramon Express:
Teacher's Comment |
He is highly passionate about education and learning new concepts. He has the following degrees to his credit.
1) Chartered Engineer (CEng) - Engineering Council, U.K.
2) Chartered Mathematician (CMath) - Institute of Mathematics and Its Applications, U.K.
3) Control Engineering (PhD), The University of Hong Kong (1998)
4) Master of Science in Bioengineering, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (2008)
5) Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering, The University of Hong Kong (1995)
6) Bachelor of Science and Electronic Engineering, Arizona State University (expected by 2020)
Teaching experiences include:
1) Visiting Lecturer, Engineering, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
2) Tutor in SAT, ACT Math, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP Physics
3) Tutor in Math and Science for elementary, middle school, and high school students Apart from working and gaining more knowledge about various STEAM subjects he is interested in reading and understanding Buddhist Sutras, and practicing Traditional Chinese Kung Fu.His most enjoyable part of the day though is when he spends time with his little daughter Summer.
He is working with her to design and make a series of robots, for fun and for competitions .